Monday, January 28, 2008

Always something new!

Well, I am always learning something new! I recently knitted my first pair of mittens and I loved knitting them almost as much as socks. But of course, you can use socks all year 'round. I am already on my second pair of mittens. I will have to post some pictures. I also finished another square for my aran afghan. I am not very happy with how it came out. It doesn't look quite like the picture in the book. But, I really wasn't crazy about this square anyway, so I am keeping it as is. I have already completed 10 squares so I am halfway finished. I have to post those pictures also, as soon as I take some.

I went to visit Elizabeth (my knitting teacher) on Saturday. She is 92 years old and still going strong. She fell in December so her sons found an assisted living place for her. It is really nice and after 1 month she really enjoys being there. They do all sorts of crafts and activities. She finished a sweater for one of her sons. It really came out nice. I hope to one day be able to knit without a pattern too! I am still a little leary of going out at night in the winter (afraid of ice) so as soon as the weather gets nicer, I am going to go back to visiting her every week to knit with her. We both looked forward to those visits.

No comments: