Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Yarn YEAH!

Well, in the past few weeks, I finished baby mittens (I almost love knitting mittens as much as socks!), and a helmetliner for the marines. The Marine website is trying to get 100 helmetliners donated for the month of February. My lunch knitting buddies and I decided to make one each and send them off. I finished mine and I am thinking of making another one. In the meantime, I got some Trekking XXL yarn and started the February socks from the sockamania KAL. I never worked with yarn this fine before. I am working them from the top down, so I have 1 inch finished of the ribbing. So far, they look OK. Hopefully, they will turn out OK. This is my first time changing a pattern. I am going to not only work from the top down instead of toe up, I have to reverse the chart for the hearts. This is my challenge for February!

No comments: