Monday, May 19, 2008

Another great weekend!

Aside from the fact that it was another weekend of partial rain, it was really fun. Since my dad is home from the hospital, my mom had a little get together for him. It was good to see him in his own environment. His sister is visiting from Florida and he was happy to spend some time with her.

On Sunday, we went to the Philadelphia Free Library Festival. I was so excited to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka Yarn Harlot. She was so funny she had the whole audience laughing, even non-knitters. Afterwards, my husband said she is so right when she said people say they don't knit because they don't have time, and they might be saying this to you while you are both waiting for a plane. It's so true, knitters just use time more wisely. For instance, most knitters will knit while waiting for doctors appointments or kids to finish dance class. It's just a useful way of passing time.

At the end of her speech, Stephanie signs her books and takes pictures. It was so much fun. She even held my sock while I held her! How exciting. She was so personable and down to earth. I really liked her just from reading her books and blog, and now after I met her, I even like her more.

No comments: