Monday, December 8, 2008

December already?

Well, almost 2 months have gone by. I really need to keep this blog up more often. Well, I have done so much in the last two months. I was planning on finishing my GAAA since I wasn't making Christmas gifts. Well, that went by the wayside! I ended up making my son 1 pair of socks and I am planning on making him another. He goes through these socks like crazy but I am glad he likes them. He also asked me to make his girlfriend a pair too which I already finished using The Unique Sheep's Footprints. I followed Phyl Lagerman's Twilled Rib socks pattern. I really like the way that pattern comes out, especially with the Footprints. I also finished making aunt a pair of socks in worsted weight since she is always cold. In addtion, I made my dad wrist warmers. He is 92 and really his hands are always cold. I hope the wrist warmers help to keep him warm. I made them with 100% wool so they should do the trick.

As a result, I haven't worked on my GAAA. I currently have 18 squares completed and 12 of them blocked. I am almost finished the 19th square which is going to be plain like the Susan Rainey sweater block and then instead of putting on a sweater, I am going to use an i-cord to put on either our initials or the year I finally complete it. I need another block that incorporates both colors of my yarn because that is what I want to use for the corners. As soon as I find a way to knit that block, all 20 of my blocks will be completed. More of that to come.

On top of all of this, I finished my Christmas shopping and everything is wrapped and it's only December 8th! WOW I think this is a first. The only thing I have left to do is work on my son's 2nd pair of socks. If I don't finish them for Christmas, I can just give them to him whenever. At least I finished 1 pair for him.

For knitting, I am testing William's Hat for Laura at The Unique Sheep. It's a cute cable hat. Now that my Christmas knitting is almost finished I have time to test knit this hat.

Now, I seriously need to start baking my Christmas cookies. I plan on doing that this weekend.

No comments: